DIY Fizzing Sidewalk Chalk Paint For Kids
Kids love drawing on the sidewalk, painting, and making things. A perfect way to combine these three activities is by creating fizzing sidewalk paint. It’s pretty simple to make and doesn’t require a lot of materials. In fact, there is a good chance you own some of these common household materials. Here is a step-by-step guide to making it.
Sidewalk Paint Recipe:
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- Food coloring
- ⅔ cup of water
- Measuring Cups
- Paint Brushes
- Muffin Tin
- Spray Bottle
Steps To Make Fizzing Sidewalk Paint
- Start by mixing the 1/2 cup of cornstarch with the ⅔ cup of water. Some recipes will mention a 1:1 ratio, which is ideal if you’re painting on paper. But when painting on a sidewalk, you'll want a little more water.
- Stir until there aren’t any clumps of cornstarch left and it has been fully dissolved in the water.
- Pour the solution and evenly divide it into the spots on the muffin tin.
- Add the drops of food coloring and thoroughly mix it.
- If you're just looking for normal sidewalk paint you can stop at this step. Otherwise, if you want the paint to fizzle, then add vinegar!
That’s all it takes to create sizzling sidewalk paint that can entertain the kids. The best part about this project is that cleaning up is relatively easy. You can either pour a large bucket of water on the sidewalk paint or water it down with a garden hose to make it disappear.